Applies to these roles: Author, Reporter, Admin
Create fully responsive e-learning courses with Rise, the online training solution that your learners will love
There’s nothing to install, so you can get started right away. Just sign in, then click Create to see your dashboard. (Click here for a list of supported web browsers.)
Let’s explore the Create dashboard. Use the following image and the numbered list below it to learn about each feature for managing Rise courses.
1. Site Navigation
2. Change the Sort Order
Sort courses by last modified date or alphabetically.
3. Create a New Course
To create a new Rise course, just click the New Course button at the top of your dashboard. From here, you can create a blank course, access business content, start from a template, or use one of our sample courses.
4. Organize Courses in Folders
When you create folders, they’ll appear in the sidebar in alphabetical order. You can move courses to folders so they’re easier to find. And when you delete courses, you can restore them or permanently delete them later. See this article for more details.
5. Interact with Course Cards
When you first visit Rise, you’ll see cards for a getting-started video and a sample course. As you use Rise, a new card will appear for each course you create. Each card displays the course’s cover photo or accent color, title, lesson count, last modified date, and the owner’s avatar.
Additionally, you’ll be able to see what courses you’ve published, submitted for publication, or have unsubmitted changes on. Learn more about submitting courses here.
Click a card to open the course for editing and previewing.
6. Manage a Course
Hover over a card and click the ellipsis (...) that appears to see a menu of options for sending, duplicating, moving, and deleting the course.
- Select Send a Copy to send an independent copy of the same project to another author on your team. Changes one author makes to a course won’t appear in other authors’ versions, and vice versa. Learn more here.
- Choose Duplicate when you want to create a new course with the same layout or similar content. Enter a name for the new course and click Save.
- Move To lets you organize courses in folders so they’re easier to find. Find out more here.
- When you Delete a course, you can permanently delete it or restore it from the Deleted Items container. Click here to learn more.
- Select Download as PDF to quickly export your course. Click here to find out more.
Tip: Some collaborators won’t see the ellipsis menu on course cards. Only course owners and course managers can send, duplicate, move, and download PDFs of courses. Only course owners can delete courses.
7. View Course Statistics
Once a course has been published to the library, hover over the card and click View Stats.
On the back of the card, you’ll see how many learners are enrolled in the course, how many lessons of the course have been completed by all learners, and a tally of total learning hours.
Additionally, if you’re a reporter or admin, you’ll see a link to the course report at the bottom of the course card.
Click the X in the upper right to return to the front of the course card.