Applies to these roles: Admin
In this article, you'll learn about roles and permissions in Rise accounts, how to transfer team ownership to someone else, and why it's a good idea to add multiple admins to your team.
Looking for how to add users to your Rise account? Click here.
- Understanding Roles
- Understanding Permissions
- Transferring Account Ownership
- Designating a New Admin When None Are Reachable
There are five types of users in a Rise account.
- Owner: The person who purchased your Rise subscription is the owner and the only one who has access to billing management. The account owner is also an admin, and they can transfer ownership to another team member as needed.
- Admin: Admins can create and publish courses as well as manage all users, groups, courses, and learning paths for your account. They can manage account settings and access reports. They can assign groups to reporters.
- Reporter: Reporters can take, create, collaborate on, and submit courses for publication. They can also access automatically generated metrics either for groups as assigned or your entire account.
- Author: Authors can take, create, collaborate on, and submit courses for publication. They don’t have access to any reports or administrative functions.
- Learner: Learners can take courses and browse the library.
Here are the tasks that can be performed in a Rise account and who has permission to do them.
Transferring Account Ownership
Rise subscriptions can have multiple admins but only one owner. The owner is the person who purchased your Rise subscription and the only one who has access to billing management.
The owner can't be deleted, but account ownership can be transferred to another team member. To start the transfer process, select Manage > Billing and click Transfer Ownership. Start typing the name of the admin that will be the new owner and select them from the list that displays. Click Done to complete the transfer.
Note: Until the new owner changes the billing details for your account, we’ll continue to use your current method of payment. Only the owner has access to billing details. Transferring ownership isn't available for trial accounts.
Designating a New Admin When None Are Reachable
We can't change your account roles or permissions. Only admins can add more admins to your team.
We recommend adding multiple admins, even if they don't regularly perform account management tasks. They can be backup admins in situations when no one else is available.