Applies to these roles: Admin
To add a course to your account library, it must be published. Once a course is live, you can enroll learners and groups or learners can discover it for themselves. Here’s how to get courses into the hands of your learners.
Publish a New Course
On the Courses section of the Manage tab, newly submitted courses are listed at the top of the course list with a Publish Course button. Unpublished courses are always listed before courses with submitted changes.
Click the course in the course list (you don’t have to click the Publish Course button) and the Publish Course window will appear. The author may have modified these values already, but you can change them here before publishing the course.
- Above the title, click Preview Course to open the submitted course in a new tab.
- Set course completion parameters. Learners can complete the course by viewing a specified percentage, passing a selected quiz lesson in the course, or both. You can also choose to publish the course without a completion requirement.
Note: If the author lowers the passing score of a quiz after the course is published, learners will have to take the quiz again in the republished course to gain the benefit of the lowered score, even if their prior score would be a success with the new parameters.
- The course duration value displays as an automatically calculated estimate, based on actual lesson content, of how long it'll take the average learner to complete the course, this value can be overwritten. The Completion Celebration option displays an animated celebration for learners when they meet the completion parameters. You can also provide learners with a downloadable completion certificate.
Note: If a learner takes a course as part of a learning path that has a completion certificate, they won't be able to download individual course certificates.
- Set how long a learner has to complete the course after they have enrolled. You can specify a number of days, no due date, or a custom timeframe of your choosing.
- If you’d like learners to be able to find this course in your account library, set Library Visibility to On. If set to Off, only those learners enrolled in the course will be able to take it.
- Click the Add Category button, then select as many categories as apply from the pop-up menu. Use the search bar to filter the category list. Click the X once you’re finished. Remove an already-added category by clicking its X icon.
- Click Publish to complete the publishing process and return to the course details.
Publish Updates to an Existing Course
When an author submits changes to a course, it moves to the top of the course list under any unpublished courses and displays a Publish Updates button.
- Click the course to access the course details.
- Click the Publish Updates button to open the Publish Course window.
- Review the publish settings as detailed in the previous section, making any changes as necessary.
Note: As of April 16, 2020, when you republish an existing course where each lesson has been updated, the manually modified course duration value will be overwritten.
- Click Publish.
If a learner's already completed the previous version of the course, their progress won't be reset. You'll have to inform them manually that there are changes.
Pro Tip: Want to remove access to a course, make it invisible to leaners, or remove it from your library entirely? Click here for more information.