Applies to these roles: Author, Reporter, Admin
Rise makes it easy to customize quiz settings, including the number of times learners can retake the quiz, the score required to pass the quiz, question randomization, answer shuffling, and more.
Edit an existing quiz lesson or create a new one in a Rise course, then click Settings in the upper right corner of the quiz editor. Adjust the following quiz settings, then click Close to return to the quiz editor.
- Passing Score - Enter the percentage that learners must achieve to pass the quiz. The default is 80 percent.
- Require Passing Score to Continue - You can control course navigation by requiring learners to pass the quiz before moving on to the next lesson. Just move this switch to the On position.
When this setting is enabled, learners must achieve the passing score you defined (above) to advance to the next lesson in the course.
If learners fail the quiz, they must click the Retry button on the results screen and pass the quiz on a subsequent attempt in order to move on.
If you limit the number of times learners can retake the quiz and they fail all attempts, they won’t be able to advance to the next lesson or complete the course.
- Quiz Retries - By default, learners can attempt a quiz an unlimited number of times. If you would like to limit the number of times they can attempt the quiz, use the drop-down list to choose how many retries learners get.
- Include in Lesson Count - By default, quizzes are included in the total lesson count for the course. But if you’d like to exclude a quiz from the lesson count, just move this switch to the Off position.
- Randomize Question Order - If you want learners to see quiz questions in a random order, move this switch to the On position.
If you’d prefer learners to see quiz questions in the order you arranged them, move this switch to the Off position.
- Shuffle Answer Choices - If you’d like the answer choices for each question to be shuffled randomly, move this switch to the On position.
If the order of the answer choices is important and you don’t want them to shuffle, move this switch to the Off position.
- Reveal Answers - You can give learners immediate feedback and reinforce what they learned by showing the correct answer for each question after they submit their responses. Just move this switch to the On position. And if you added feedback statements to any questions, learners will see those, too.
When you move the switch to the Off position, learners won’t see correct answers after submitting questions, nor will they see feedback statements that you added.