Applies to these roles: Author, Reporter, Admin
Flashcard blocks give you even more options to add interactivity to your Rise lessons. Define terms, reveal images, and more with just a click. Here’s how to use them.
- Insert a Flashcard Block
- Add Text and Images
- Add, Delete, or Reorder Cards and Switch Block Types
- Customize the Block Settings
Step 1: Insert a Flashcard Block
- Open a Rise course, then edit an existing lesson or create a new one.
- Select Flashcards from the blocks shortcut bar to automatically insert a flashcard grid or click the Insert Block icon (+) that appears when you mouse-over a boundary between blocks.
- When you insert a flashcard block between existing blocks, choose the Interactive category in the sidebar, then select Flashcard Grid or Flashcard Stack.
Step 2: Add Text and Images
- Mouse-over your flashcard block and click the Edit button that appears.
- Select the default text for the card front or back you’d like to modify and enter your own.
- To insert an image instead, select an image option from the drop-down menu.
Centered Image inserts your image in the center of the card, with a surrounding border.
Full Card Image inserts your image, cropping it if necessary so that it fills the card with no border.
In both cases, we recommend using a square image to minimize cropping.
- Click Edit to replace the default image with your own, choose a new stock image, or edit the alt tag.
Step 3: Add, Delete, or Reorder Cards and Switch Block Types
- To add a new flashcard, click Add at the bottom of the flashcard list.
- To delete a card, hover over it in the list and click the trash icon that appears.
- Reorder the card list by hovering over a card until the handle icon appears on the left-hand side of the card. Then click and drag the card to where you want it.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the sidebar to close it.
- Convert your flashcard grid to a flashcard stack and vice versa by selecting the block type from the drop-down menu that appears when you hover over the flashcard block.
Step 4: Customize the Block Settings
Click here to learn how to modify how the block itself displays.
In addition to the standard options on the Settings tab, you can show or hide the card flip icon that appears in the lower right of each flashcard by selecting or deselecting Show card flip hint.
Tip: Add a continue block after your flashcard block when you want learners to complete it before moving on.