Applies to these roles: Author, Reporter, Admin
Accordion blocks let you explore related concepts in media-rich interactions. They’re just the thing for step-by-step processes.
- Insert Accordion Blocks
- Add Content and New Items
- Switch Between Accordion and Tabs Block Types (Optional)
- Customize the Block Settings
Step 1: Insert Accordion Blocks
- Open a Rise course, then edit an existing lesson or create a new one.
- Click All Blocks on the blocks shortcut bar or the insert block icon (+) that appears when you mouse-over a boundary between blocks.
- From the sidebar that appears, choose the Interactive category in the block library, then select Accordion.
Step 2: Add Content and New Items
- Mouse-over an existing accordion block and click the Edit button that appears.
- The sidebar opens with the Content tab selected by default. You can modify the title and text of each accordion item. Click the camera icon to add images, videos, or web content.
- Click the Add Item button at the bottom of the sidebar to add more accordion items. There’s no limit to the number of items you can add!
- To reorder your items, mouse-over an item and grab the handle that appears. Drag the item up and down to reorder the list.
- To delete an item, mouse-over it and click the trash icon that appears.
- When you’re finished, click the X in the upper right corner to close the sidebar and return to your lesson.
Step 3: Switch Between Accordion and Tabs Block Types (Optional)
Think your accordion items would look better as tabs? Then change it up! Mouse-over an existing accordion block. Click the Accordion button that appears and select Tabs from the menu.
That’s it! Reverse the process if you want to switch back to the accordion layout.
Step 4: Customize the Block Settings
Click here to learn how to modify how the block itself displays.
In addition to the standard options on the Settings tab, you can also disable the zoom feature for images in your accordion and change the behavior of your items to automatically collapse when a different item is selected.
Tip: Add a continue block after your accordion block when you want learners to complete it before moving on.